Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Another interview nightmare


I have been lucky and unlucky at the same during the last couple of weeks. I went to one interview that completely scares me. It was through a staffing agency and it was for a replacement. The other girl who occupied the position previously was left for a sick leave. That’s what the person at the staffing agency had told me. I was soon going to learn why that girl had left for a sick leave. I sympathize with her.

I wasn’t too pleased by having to replace someone and not be able to know when the contract will end, but I went to the interview any way. And it was a nightmare.

I arrive at time. Then I met one person, and we wait a little for another person that had to come. I was going to work for that person. Anyway, the interview was ok until one of the interviewers asks me something like: “If there’s an emergency at work and you have to stay but you have an appointment to see a doctor, what do you do? Do you go to your appointment or you stay at work to deal with the emergency?”

I new I had to answer that I have to stay at the job… Interviews are interviews and I quite didn’t know what to answer because I just dislike the question. So I answer that I didn’t have a doctor here in Montreal and that I was liked never sick anyway, so I barely never see a doctor… And then, they answer to me, but when we will be done with you, maybe you will need one…

And they were laughing. I find them both very disrespectful. They later on apologize, saying it was only a joke. Then I told to myself, the other girl didn’t leave for nothing. I couldn’t even imagine myself working with them. I was terrified and wanted to go home. I had to calm down.

Anyway, I didn’t get the job and even if I will have it, I would have refused it. I prefer even not to work that work with people making the most unpleasant jokes of the world. Get off!

0 comments:

 

Homespace Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez