Tuesday, June 12, 2007

My job search disaster


I from New Brunswick and for a reason or another, whenever I say I from there, I receive sometimes nasty comments. It’s not happening all the time, it’s have happen three times. When it happen to me the first time, I was about 24. I was in Ottawa. I didn’t get the job. When I call about that one, I receive a comment like: “Where looking for someone with more office experience”. I didn’t die from it. There’s just this type of recruiter who call you to make you loose your time. For recruiters who are no New Brunswicker friendly, I say: just forgive about me and my résumé. Anyway, for that job in Ottawa, during the interview, the guy just start complaining about New Brunswick, he was from New Brunswick himself, and it’s make me sick. I don’t go really often to New Brunswick, but I don’t want to hear something bad about it, it drive me mad.

I am still on this No New Brunswicker friendly because it’s happening twice to me today. Once, I was returning a call that I miss for a job. I was calling from a pay phone and I have problem to hear. I was calling from Bonaventure, close to the arena they have there. And then the guy ask where I came from, well next time, I will answer: does that really matter for the job? I have an interview fix next week but I won’t show up, trust me on that one. It’s annoy me so bad when he said: “They speak French in New Brunswick?” I prefer to become a cleaning lady then to continue to heard those types of comment. Well, hear me speak English, you’ll notice that yes, there’s French in New Brunswick.

Next incident, later on this afternoon, the comment came from a recruiter from an agencies. He doesn’t speak French, might have went one or two times to New Brunswick and there, for a reason or another, the guy complaint on how small it was, nananani, nanana. It has nothing to do with the job! I won’t work for him either. Today was a bad day.

2 comments:

Outerworlds on June 13, 2007 at 6:16 PM said...

Julie,

I have been to Atlantic Canada in summer 2004 including New Brunswick. We visited many places there inlcuding Fundy bay, Shapagan, Shediak, Tracadie Sheila...It is a beautiful province. I like the sea as well as swimming so I enjoyed my time by the ocean smelling the fresh air and eating fish :)at

Sunny on June 19, 2007 at 7:28 AM said...

Great to know you have been there :) I am a girl from the north, I went to the south a few times only in my life, it was a long time ago. So I never really enjoy the beach and stuff we got there. I was planning to go to the Prince-Edward-Island this summer with a friend, but I don't know if I should go, since I am looking for a jon and I do the cleaning lady on weekend. Maybe next year, I don't know :) Thanks for the reply by the way. Your my best reader :)

 

Homespace Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez