Sunday, January 20, 2008

Long hours at work


Time is passing and I just hope I will last at least 6 months at my present job, so I can get experience and get a better job...... I did a bunch of extra hours. I always try to arrive early at my job, that way I can go extra hours. That way, my pay is better. My 2 last pay were relatively good, because I work during the holidays, so now, I am doing extra hours to get the same amount of money on my next pay. I got 2 good job evaluations, and I hope to stay at the same job for a little while.

I have the first 6 weeks. During those 6 first weeks, the employer could fired me at anyime, at his own discretion. Since I have now pass those 6 weeks, I am a little bit more calm.

But the bad thing about that job is the work schedule. I never work at the same hours and my 2 days of vacation are not always one after the other, which really bother me because I feel I am not well treat and I really thing the employer have no consideration for me at all, not giving me 2 days streight in a row. So it's one of the reason why I want to change of job. I ask to my supervisor to have the same work schedule week after week, telling him I didn`t mind working the wekends, but I wanted the same week schedule for every week. To that, he responses that he had to forward my request and that he won't do so for now because, he told me, "we will see".

Anyway, I was so piss off by him, me 27, with degrees, bilingual, no criminal record asking for a regular work schedule and him, just turning his back out of me and not taking my request seriously. Wow........... So I told myself I will stay a little while, do extra hours to get a better pay and say goodbye whatever I can..............

Some really don't have it. I know some people working were I work now, at the call center for a cellphone service provider who have criminal record. Everyday we deal with personal information, credit card numbers, but the employer doesn't seem to care who are his employees. But do I really care either? And that's hit the point where I would like to go someplace else, Quebeckers really don't have it.

0 comments:

 

Homespace Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez